The Chain Ferry
The Chain Ferry is located in the south of the village and was mentioned earliest on a map from 1771.
It is one of the few remaining Chain Ferries operating in the UK. It is the last chain ferry still operating in Nottinghamshire (the Hazleford Ferry, in Nottinghamshire, is no longer in use). In 1981 responsibility for the maintenance of the Ferry was transferred from the Paget Estate to the Parish Council.
The Ferry was relaunched in April 2017 offering crossings between 10AM and 4:30PM every weekend during the summer (between April and September).
The Ferry is operated, by volunteers, on Saturday and Sunday, between 1st April and 30th September, from 12.30 to 16:00. Groups in the week can make arrangement to cross by ringing the mobile:- 07487 252784. Ferry Fares are £1.00 per person, each way; £0.50 per bike, and dog, each way.
In consideration for neighbours please follow the brown tourist signs from Main Street.